Thank you for considering offering your time as a volunteer for Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw, Cumbria’s Children’s Hospice.
Volunteering is an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable experience, allowing you to meet friends, gain new skills and give something back to the community and your local hospice.
Although we have vacancies throughout many areas of the hospice, below are details of some of the roles where we currently have several opportunities available together with guidelines to give you an idea of what is involved.
If you would like to apply for one of these, or any other volunteer roles, please complete the online volunteer application form.
Some roles will require a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and mandatory training.
Sales assistant for our Penrith Shop - various hours and days available *urgent*
All Carlisle Based:
Experienced Ward Clerks – for our Adult Unit and Children's Hospice *Urgent*
- To provide support to the Ward clinical team and administrator.
- Patients, visitors and staff are welcomed to the Ward by our friendly and proficient volunteer clerks.
- Volunteer ward clerks ensure the smooth running of the Ward reception area, carrying out a variety of tasks acting as first point of contact within the Ward. We are looking for people to join this team, to take up a regular shift.
Kitchen Assistant - Monday lunchtimes
- Supporting the kitchen team with the daily meals services carrying out range of duties and maintain cleanliness in the kitchen and dining area.
Finance Assistant - Fridays PM
- As a Hospice Finance Administration Volunteer you will be asked to assist within the finance office carrying out a variety of activities that are vital to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- The majority of the activities are computer based but there may be occasions we ask you to assist with different activities. Full training will be provided.
Fundraising Admin Assistants - various days and hours available
- Inputting data on to our database,
- scanning and attaching documents,
- handling confidential information,
- preparing fundraising packs,
- assisting with mailings e.g. stuffing envelopes,
- maintenance of collection boxes.
Laundry Assistant - Mornings
- As Laundry volunteer your role will be to support the housekeeping team by completing the daily laundry tasks, including the washing, drying and pressing of bedding and occasionally clothes.
- To ensure that all patents have a clean bed sheets on a daily basis.
eBay Assistant- various roles and hours available
- Selecting stock from the Warehouse to be sold on eBay,
- listing goods on eBay for online auction,
- packing and posting sold items,
- recording all sales and refunds,
- responding to messages and customer enquiries.
To find out more about becoming a volunteer please contact the Voluntary Services team either by phone, email or by submitting an application form.
Call: 01228 817658