Jigsaw takes children up to 25 years however the referral process must be completed before the child’s 18th birthday.
As part of the referrals process:
- You will be allocated a dedicated nurse.
- All professionals involved in the coordination of your care will be contacted to provide further information.
- You will receive a home visit with your designated nurse to have a full nursing assessment completed.
- Your referral will be discussed at our multi-disciplinary meeting and a decision will be made.
- Your nurse will communicate this decision for you and support you through next steps.
Referrals are taken for those children who have life limiting conditions and complex health needs within the groups (below).
The following categories give guidance.