The Lakeland Festival of Life
Imagine seeing a string of lights from the bottom to the top of a mountain, and then imagine the enormity of that scene knowing that each light is an act of remembrance to an individual that has passed away.
On Saturday 1st October 2022 Lakeland Mountain Guides will host their first ever Lakeland Festival of Life event and will be creating amazing mountain art, offering an opportunity for people to remember loved ones while also raising money for various charities including us here at the hospice.
If the event sells out, and everyone reaches their fundraising targets, this event would raise over £60,000 for dozens of charities. This will allow us to continue to provide compassionate care to the local people who need us most.
So how will it work?
- Register for a place on the mountain - we are delighted to announce that we have three FREE charity places available for this event. You can register your interest today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Your registration is for one spot on the mountain, for which two to three people can walk - but only one light can be lit up. However, once our free registration places are gone you are still able to sign up and raise money for us through the Lakeland Mountain Guides Website here.
- After registration Lakeland Mountain Guides will send you a link to a Medical / risk / pledge form which states you understand the fundraising commitment.
- Keep your eyes peeled for updates via email, make sure you're fit enough to get to your location, and rock up on the 1st October ready for an amazing evening.
There are currently 10 places per location, apart from location 11 for which there is just one place.
Every location requires walking up at least one steep section of fell to get to. The higher the location number, the more ascent you will do. Locations 8-11 include more rugged and slightly more exposed terrain.
- Location 1 - Approx 2 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £150
- Location 2 - Approx 2.5 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £250
- Location 3 - Approx 3 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £350
- Location 4 - Approx 3.2 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £450
- Location 5 - Approx 3.4 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £550
- Location 6- Approx 3.8 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £650
- Location 7 - Approx 4.2 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £750
- Location 8 - Approx 4.6 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £850
- Location 9 - Approx 5 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £950
- Location 10 - Approx 5.4 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £1000
- Location 11 - Approx 5.5 Miles walking Total - Fundraising Pledge: £1250 SOLD OUT
Please note all fundraising must be completed by 1st December 2022 and be done so by legal means.
There will be free refreshments and nibbles at the start point. There is some car parking at the start point, but if this fills up there is plenty of parking on the large layby on the left side of the A66 as you head towards Keswick. This is just a few hundred metres away from the start point. It is also a great point for any friends or family members who are not walking up the hill to view the spactacle.
Start Location: Braithwaite Institute, Braithwaite
Expected start and Finish Times: The meet time is set to 5:00pm, with the walking starting about 6:00pm, if not a bit before for those heading towards the upper reaches of the mountain. After the sun sets (6:50pm) and it is dark enough we will be able to take a fantastic picture in order to remember the moment.
You will likely be back to the bottom between 8-8:30pm.
A full information pack, including kit list will be sent out by the Lakeland Mountain Guides by the end of July.
To find out more and view the 11 locations for the challenge visit the Lakeland Mountain Guides Website here..
Register your interest!
We have three FREE charity places available for this event, you can register your interest for one of our charity places by emailing email@example.com.
Alternativley, once these places are taken you can sign up for the event and choose to raise money for us through the Lakeland Mountain Guides Website however you will be required to pay the registration fee.